You are invited to see the Archer Baseball Uniforms that we have framed and have hanging on the wall in the Archer Public Library. Our viewing was on April 6th. 2013 at 10:00. We had several of the player on hand to tell stories.
- Craft Day
- Craft Day is the 2nd. Thursday of every month
- Archer Book Club
- The Archer Book Club meets the first Tuesday of every month at 3:00 at the Library. The month of Oct we read "The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford and we will meet Nov. 6th. to discuss the book. Everyone is welcome to attend. The month of Nov. we will be reading "The Things We Do For Love" by Kristin Hannah.
- Interlibrary Loan
- State of Iowa Libraries Online or better known as SILO is an online computer system that lets you borrow books from any Library in the State of Iowa. You just ask your librarian to search for a books by title, author or description. Then pick the location nearest you and request that they sent it to your Library. When you are finished reading the book, just bring it back to your Library and they will mail it back. There is a small charge for this service of $1.50.
- Barn Quilt
- The Archer Public Library will be getting a Barn Quilt. The Archer Quilting Bees have donated money for the making of a Barn Quilt. We will show the Quilt on July 14 at 3:00. There will be a short program and refreshments.
- Summer Reading Program
- The Summer Reading Program for the summer of 2013 will be "Dig Into Reading"
- Library Yarns
- The Archer Library Yarns meet the 4th. Tuesday of every month at the Library at 3:00. Ladies can bring any handie work they are working on and join us as we chat, share ideas, help with problems , we have show and tell and learn new projects. You are welcome to join us any time.
- Interlibrary Loan
- State of Iowa Online is a computer system better known as SILO, that lets you borrow books form other Libraries in Iowa. You just tell your Librarian the title, author, or a description of a book you want to borrow. She then can search for it and request it from the nearest Library. The book will be mailed to your Library and when you are finished reading it the Library will mail it back. There is a small charge of $1.50 for this service.
- Men's Card Club
- The Men's Card Club meets the 3rd. Thursday of every month. We will have the coffee pot on and a good game of cards or cribbage going. Everyone is welcome to join in the afternoon fun.
- Chocolate Day Party (Archer Public Library, from Feb 12, 2013 03:00 PM to Feb 12, 2013 04:00 PM)
- Our annual Chocolate Day party was held on February 12 , 2013. The party started at 3:00. We had a variety of chocolate [cookies, candy, cupcakes] and shared the recipe and sampled everything. Please join us again next year for more Chocolate.