Santa will be coming to the Community Center on Dec. 7 at 10:00 a.m. Please join us to greet and meet him and have your picture taken with the jolly old man. There will be refreshments for all. You are invited to join us at the Library for any of our special events.
- Craft Day
- Craft Day is the 2nd. Thursday of every month
- Archer Book Club
- The Archer Book Club meets the first Tuesday of every month at 3:00 at the Library. If you love to read please join our group.
- Interlibrary Loan
- State of Iowa Libraries Online or better known as SILO is an online computer system that lets you borrow books from any Library in the State of Iowa. You just ask your librarian to search for a books by title, author or description. Then pick the location nearest you and request that they sent it to your Library. When you are finished reading the book, just bring it back to your Library and they will mail it back. There is a small charge for this service of $1.50.
- Barn Quilt
- The Archer Public Library will be getting a Barn Quilt. The Archer Quilting Bees have donated money for the making of a Barn Quilt. We will show the Quilt on July 14 at 3:00. There will be a short program and refreshments.
- Summer Reading Program
- The Summer Reading Program for the summer of 2014 will be "Fizz, Boom, Read." watch here for upcoming events and programs.
- Story Hour
- Story Hour is the second Saturday of every month. It starts at 10:00 am. with stories and a fun craft. Children of all ages are welcome to join us.
- Men's Card Club
- The Men's Card Club meets the 3rd. Thursday of every month. We will have the coffee pot on and a good game of cards or cribbage going. Everyone is welcome to join in the afternoon fun.
- Chocolate Day Party from Feb 11, 2014 03:00 PM to Feb 12, 2014 04:00 PM — Archer Public Library,
- Our annual Chocolate Day party will be held on February 11, 2014. The party started at 3:00. Bring your favorite chocolates, [cookies, candy, cupcakes] and the recipe. We will have a fun time tasting and sharing.
- Library Yarns